Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today's Woman range from Slimform

I apologise in advance for the dodgy photos - they were taken by me, on my phone, either in the change room or on a hanger.
The website isn't quite complete yet so I couldn't get professional images.
But trust me when I say - all 3 styles are really quite pretty.

This one is the Floral Embroidered Plunge Bra:



















It also comes in a full cup Floral Embroidered Underwire Bra:



















I tried on the plunge bra in this style.
Support & Comfort- 2 / 5
Its a little hard to see in the photos, but the straps on the plunge style are two thin black straps on each side. There is only quite a short area to adjust length and I found the straps too tight, even when fully extended. They also cut in a bit given that the straps are no elasticised.

However the bra is not itchy from the embroidery.

Overall Look - 4 / 5
Its a very pretty bra - I especially like the sheer fabric used at the back but wonder if it might stretch quickly with wear?

Wearability - 3/ 5
The detailed embroidery is a bit visible through tops - I'm personally not a fan of lumpy boobs. Also, the straps are not multi-directional.


Next is the Plunge Bra with Lace Trim:


It also comes in a full cup underwire style:





I tried on the plunge bra in this style.
Support & Comfort- 4 /5
This bra was very comfortable - the primary fabric being soft and stretchy.
Overall Look - 3 / 5
Not as pretty as the others but still nice. The back of the bra is a solid fabric which looks more durable than the sheer on the previous style.
Wearability - 4 / 5
I think this style is the most wearable as it is the least detailed - however the lace seam is visible under fitted clothing. Again- shame about the non-multi directional straps
Finally, we have the printed bra which offers shape and support (I'm going off the descriptions on the tags here).
I did not see any alternative styles in this patten.
Support & Comfort- 4 / 5
Pretty comfortable. The straps do not have a huge range to adjust length, but its much better than the first bra. A bit of give in the fabric is good too.

Overall Look - 4 / 5
This bra is very pretty, but when its on, I found that the lace panel was too wide, and looked a bit odd. All of the floral/stripe pattern is sort of hidden on the underneath - which is a shame cause I think that's the nicest bit!

Wearability - 3/ 5
A lot of seams are visible though fitted clothing when wearing this bra - the horizontal lace seam as well as the vertical stripes. A little bit of texture from the lace as well.
Price - $19.86 - same price for both plunge and full cup styles
Size Range -
Plunge:
14-18 C, D, DD, E,
20 C, D, DD
22-24 D, DD
Full Cup:
10-20 C, D, DD
22-24 D, DD
I'm disappointed with the size range considering that this brand is marketing towards larger busted women. Why can't the full cup bra be made to fit an E, F or higher?

Colour Range - Only one colour combo per style - as far as I could tell anyway.
Other Accessories - According to the label on the tags, it appears that each of these styles comes with matching briefs although I couldn't find any of them in the store.
Stockists - Big W and Best & Less

8 people had something to say about this:

Anonymous said...

Very useful appraisal of the different designs. Totally agree with you on all points. My local Big W store stocked the full range (bras and briefs).

Dataceptionist said...

I really like the top plunge one, I hate that the range doesn't go under a 14 though :(

Anonymous said...

I wear Today's Woman branded Bras and Brfs all the time and I think they are great value for what they are - Love the product - Well done team at Slimform for developing great product - love your work !!

Anonymous said...

I'm a cross dresser and luv the Slim Form range one of the only to have 20C. Very sexy and fem, nice range of bustier & Teddy to occasionaly at Best for Less and Big W.

Nicol.

Anonymous said...

I too found this site after looking for help as to what sort of bra I should be wearing. As a crossdresser myself, I found this site to be of enormous help. I have found this range of bras and briefs (Total Woman) to be great value as well as a great fit, not to mention just how pretty they all are. The new colours and styles released in 2010 have been fantastic as well.

Anonymous said...

I Love the new styles of Today's Woman & the new packaging is a great update. Great to see fashionable gmts for us fuller figure women at an affordable prices. The designs are very glamorous and affordalbe, so why go anywhere else to purchase bra & brf sets.

Anonymous said...

I love the Jane shortie. I hope you can bring it back. I have been trying to find it everywhere. Please bring it back....

Dataceptionist said...

Hey guys thanks so much for your thoughts on this range! Including our cross dressing friends, its great we can help you too!

Anonymous about the Jane shortie sorry we're not affiliated with the brand at all, you would be best served directing your feedback directly to the manufacturer :(

Post a Comment

Did you find this useful?
Any feedback for us?
We take requests.

 
DD Dilemmas. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino