Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Coolmax Sportsbra by Intimo

The picture of fitness that I am, I'm always after a good sports bra. I do dancing and body pump - swinging all over the place is not my idea of fun. On the recommendation of my Intimo lady, I gave the new style with the wide band around the ribcage a go (the black one on the right in the picture). The Intimo lady thought this was the most supportive sportsbra she's ever worn (but then, she would say that). I've gotta say, I don't really agree. For starters, this bra is not an underwire bra, so it supports more by generally strapping the girls in.
And I have found that the wide elastic band rolls up into a thin elastic roll. This is not uncomfortable at all, but it manages to annoy me anyway.

That said, the straps can be worn directly over the shoulder or crossed over at the back which is a feature I'm a fan of. I prefer a crossover back sportsbra generally to avoid the issue of straps slipping off shoulders,but its always nice to have the option.

Support & Comfort
- 3 / 5
This is hard to rate. It is a supportive bra, and its not uncomfortable, but I do prefer an underwire.

Overall Look - 3 / 5
Its not bad, considering its not really a bra designed to be looked at. You get a solid cleavage line as the bra kind of squishes you down but the cups sit high so there's no over-the-top bulging.

Wearability
- 4/ 5
Its quite versatile, and comfortable enough that I wear it relatively often even when not exercising. Because the bra does not separate your boobs, but rather presses them together, it can actually make some clothing (especially work shirts I find) sit just that bit better (and assists with button-gaping issues).

Price
- $69.50 which is a little more than I'd ideally value it at, but I don't feel ripped off.

Size Range
- 32-34A-DD, 36-38B-DD, 40C-DD - not really a very big range for the big busted girl, however Intimo's other sportsbra goes up to a 46EE.

Colour Range -
Black and White

Other Accessories
-
Nope.

Website -
http://www.intimo.com.au
Stockists - Only available through an Intimo sales rep.

*Have you worn this bra? Own it and love it? Let us know in the comments

1 people had something to say about this:

Dataceptionist said...

I have to second you on this one K, but you have been kinder than I would have.
I also bought this bra, and then returned it. It had no support, the salesgirl must have been very persuasive for me to buy a non-underwire bra!

Post a Comment

Did you find this useful?
Any feedback for us?
We take requests.

 
DD Dilemmas. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino